In my previous article, I told about how you can make money while pursuing your college and also about an “Add-on” thing in the end.
What do I mean as “Add-on” is that even If you are good at something but how do you market it? You need to be really smart to come to the top list among other.
Learn an extra skill which can be completely different from what you are studying. It will help you to think in other directions other than just a technology.
Why do you need Add-Ons:
- As a techie, you can build great software but you need to learn hacks to market it.
- As a marketer, you might be very good at selling but you need to find a product.
- As a writer, you can write exceptionally good but you need to find out the best topics to write about to get more views.
- Etc etc…
List of interesting Add-Ons:-
1. Learn to create animated videos
These days the demand is quite high among startups and also you can use this for storytelling and ultimately you start a youtube channel of your own.
Look at this startup, they create awesome templates for marketing – https://www.producthunt.com/deals/wave-video-pro
Learn to market products and become a growth hacker. Almost every company look for smart marketers, If you can reduce the marketing cost of a company you would be the most valuable asset.
Also, I would suggest you should definitely learn it because it is the area where you would be learning a lot of other small skills.
3. Read about different topics like politics/finance/nutrition/technology
This will help you grow the mindset of what is happening in other sectors and how you can use your expertise in the corresponding industry.
It also helps in networking. If you are aware of what is happening in different areas then you could easily initiate a conversation with strangers and look smart in front of people. [In other words, it helps in making your intellectual]
You should learn to create simple designs to market your product. Say, designing a pamphlet so you could advertise yourself.
5. Public speaking
This is also one of the important thing to practise If you want to build a strong networking.
8. A new language
The best thing to learn while in college. There are a lot of opportunities you can get around it. You might also get the chance to work abroad or get your business outside your country.
9. [Recommended] Preparing charts/Excell/Word/Spreadsheet
An easy and impressive thing to learn.
It’s an interesting skill to learn and these days a lot of people are doing a nutrition course and earning money helping people lose weight. Other things you could do is also learn Zumba instructor, a fitness trainer, functional training. You can provide classes in GYMs and fitness centre part-time.
11. Investing – Investing is the science of “Making Money”. This involves strategies and formulas which use the creative right brain side.
12. Understanding Taxes – An individual should understand and learn how taxes work. One should understand and find out the sectors of savings and rebates and should know about taxes. This will improve the scope of investment and you will be aware of your tax benefits.